Questions 02

If I have sex with a girl on the second day of her periods, can she get pregnant? Should she take an emergency contraceptive?
It is said that the first and last seven days of the period are virtually safe. However you should use a condom so that there is no need to use pills. Despite its safety, pregnancies are known to occur. Use condoms on all days.

I’m 23 years old and my wife is 21. We got married a month ago. I find her vagina to be large. When we have sex I am able to penetrate easily. I am worried that she isn’t a virgin. Does the hymen tear after the first intercourse? I am worried. Please help.
The hymen can be of different kinds. It may be absent, or tear by a particular exercise like cycling or masturbation. Also hymen can be elastic which can be a possibility in your case. The hymen is no proof of virginity. Why are you spoiling you are married life by being suspicious and not trusting your wife?

I am 34 years old and got married a year back. Sometimes I lose my erection. If I take Musli power or Vita X immediately, will it help? If I take it once, will I have to take it every time? Will I get proper erections if I stop taking the tablets? I don’t want to depend on it.
Since this happens only sometimes, you need to identify the cause. It could be stress, work exhaustion, a quarrel with the boss or wife, etc. Take one tablet of Vigomax Forte (Charak) twice a day on an empty stomach for three weeks. You will be fine.

I am 28 years old and enjoy sex every day with my wife. She is two months pregnant. Till which month of pregnancy can we have sex Will it harm the child?
It is preferable to have sex after the first trimester as the ovum is still trying to get a hold in the uterus. Also, your wife must not be feeling good because of the morning sickness and other symptoms. You can continue having sex till the eight month with the doctor’s permission. Adopt the spoon position in which she lies facing the wall and you approach from behind. Do not perform oral sex on her.

I am 28 years old and got married a month back. Is it safe to have unprotected sex seven days before and after my wife’s periods? Her menstrual cycle starts on the first of the month. Also my penis goes soft when I go to wear the condom and then I cannot penetrate my wife.
The safe days are the first seven days of the cycle, counting from the first day of her period, and the last seven days. You can have sex on the days when the bleeding is just a streak. Open the condom pack and keep it handy. When foreplay reaches its peak, slip it on rapidly and continue.

I am 30 years old and got married in 2006. I have a son. I enjoy sex with my wife, but our intercourse time is very less — on an average, one to two minutes. I want to increase my intercourse time. Is there any medicine available in the market for this purpose?
Learn better control so that you can both have greater enjoyment during foreplay and she can reach her first orgasm. After entry, even if you finish quickly, you should ask her to continue stimulating herself (you can help with fingers) to reach her second orgasm. Try a course of Neo tablets (Charak) — one tablet twice a day for six weeks.

I’m 40 years old and my wife 39. We have been married for 15 years, but our sexual life began five years ago. I have been using a condom ever since. We are now planning for a baby. Where should we start? My wife’s periods are regular. I am tense because I often lose my erection. Are we healthy enough to have a baby?
It is wise to have a check-up to gauge your sperm count and to get an okay for her from a gynaecologist. There is no reason why you both should not conceive. Just relax and start having sex every alternate day, starting from the eighth day of her period (count from the first day) till the end of menses. But why no sex for 10 years?

I have been married for 17 years and we have two kids. In all these years, my wife has not experienced an orgasm even once. Hence sex is done only to fulfil my desire since there is no enjoyment on her side. Is there any remedy for this problem?
Are you expecting that she will get an orgasm during intercourse?She can get an orgasm by stroking her vaginal area and clitoris. You can also perform oral sex on her. This is quiet clean and hygienic.

We have been married for two years. Very often, during intercourse my wife suddenly loses the urge and refuses to continue further. Why does this happen?
It's possible that she reaches her orgasm before you and hence loses interest. Or it could be that her vagina may get dry, making intercourse painful. Give her an orgasm before intercourse and then during it. If you finish before her, stimulate her with your fingers till she gets another. Also, try asking her what's wrong and rectify your act.

I am a 26-year-old man. I have a habit of playing with my nipples while masturbating. I want to know if this habit can cause any problem and can masturbate for 20 seconds only. Please help by suggesting some techniques or medicines to increase this time period.
Playing with your nipples, stroking your ears, picking your nose or scratching your groin will not affect you during or after masturbation. While masturbating, learn better control by stopping before you reach the point of inevitable ejaculation. After you have controlled your desire, restart stroking and repeat 15 times before finishing.