Questions 19

I am a 43-year-old man and I have a very small penis. For years I have not been able to adequately satisfy my wife. I’ve tried all sorts of medications and exercises but to no avail. Please help me out. What can I do to improve our sex life?Satisfy her before you insert your penis into her. She can get more than one orgasm. Use your fingers as well. Oral sex will also be helpful. If you start and finish before her, ask her to rub herself against your body and help her get a second orgasm.

I have got married recently. My wife’s vaginal opening is so narrow that I can hardly insert two fingers simultaneously. Due to this problem, I am unable to insert my penis into her vagina. Please help.The vagina expands to accommodate the object. If two fingers can be inserted in the vagina, then it can easily take the penis. Select the correct position try it with her legs raised up on your shoulder.

I am 30 years old and married for the past two years. The foreskin on my penis is not detached at the end. Also, the size of my penis is only three to four inches long when erect and an inch long when unaroused. I am unable to satisfy my wife. I am unable to penetrate her vagina correctly and as a result, she experiences a lot of pain. I’ve tried to increase the size of my penis by using massage oils, but it didn’t work. Please help.
The foreskin is normally attached at the base of the head of the penis at the back. Can you slip it up and down until there? In that case you do not need any treatment. You have to live with your penis size, which is adequate. The pain experienced by your wife can be taken care of by local application of xylocaine 2% gel. It will do both of you good to take advice.

I am 29 years old and three months pregnant. Is it okay to have sex with my husband? Will it affect my baby?First, ask your gynecologist whether it is okay to have sex. It is usually okay to have it after the third month until the eight month. Your husband should not use the missionary position. Instead try the sitting up position and  approach from the rear. It won’t effect the foetus.


We got married last year and my wife has been pregnant for 45 days. What would be the best time to have sex and how long can we engage in the act? Also, what would be the best position for safer sex and would oral sex or fingering lead to any infection?Any time is good time. Strike while the iron is hot should be the motto. The position does not matter as you are always using the condom always. It won't matter unless you both don't practise cleanliness.

I am a 23-year-old woman, in a relationship with my boyfriend for a year now. He likes oral sex and foreplay. We have also indulged in protected sex. But now we had sex without protection and he ejaculated inside me. Which contraceptive pill should I take? Is it a safe option?With unsafe sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant. If the sex was within 72 hours, take an I-Pill. It may prevent the pregnancy. Why not continue with a condom instead? Ask him to get the very fine varieties made by Durex.

After a normal delivery of our baby, my wife’s vagina seems to have expanded. When I have sex with her, I don’t feel the vaginal muscle contraction, which I used to enjoy before the baby was born. Is there any way we can get it stitched to make it normal and enjoy our sex lives as we would earlier?
Exercise of the PC muscle can help. She should hold her urine flow, count three and restart. Do this six times and then complete the act. This should be repeated another three or four times during the day.

Does excessive smoking and drinking cause infertility in men? If yes, in what way? Is premature ejaculation related to smoking and drinking too?In time, men who drink and smoke habitually become unhealthy and are left with little strength or desire. It results in tension with the partner and since blood flow is affected by the nicotine, this can disturb the formation of the sperms.

I have read that women enjoy a long penis more than a short one. Though you have clearly said many times that size is immaterial when compared to skill, but it is believed that longer penises are able to reach the cervix of the vagina, a region not within the reach of an average penis. Is this true? Secondly, if a woman happens to have sex with a man whose penis is longer and thicker than her regular mate, does her vagina expand, making the narrower and smaller penis less effective in satisfying her later? Having read your column regularly, I don’t want to believe in all this but it keeps playing on my mind. So I to get a scientific explanation.Wise man, don’t be gullible. The vagina can be divided into three parts: The first portion contains all the pleasure nerves and is around an inch deep. Further inside is the second part which is responsible in giving a feeling of contentment. When excited, the third part of the vagina is lifted into the pelvis. Even if the penis is able to reach the cervix, it does not give a pleasurable sensation to the woman. The vagina can expand to deliver an entire baby but after that contracts into its original size. It does not matter if your penis is fat or thin, the vagina is elastic enough to react accordingly. Finally, the stimulation of the clitoris leads to orgasm in a woman.

Many newspaper reports claim that cycling can lead to infertility. I ride a bicycle for an hour daily. Should I stop?
No, but you can undergo a spermatic fluid test. It will help detect abnormalities in your reproductive system and determine fertility. Visit a pathologist after abstaining from sex for four days.