Questions 04

I am 28 years old. I have been married for eight months and enjoy a good sex life with my wife. However, whenever we try the ‘woman on top’ position, she feels exhausted very early and stops within two minutes. I wonder if she achieves orgasm. I have not observed any vaginal secretion when having sex in this position. Is vaginal secretion indicative of orgasm in any way?
Why not have her rest in between and continue in a while when she feels revived? The lubrication fluid from the vagina is the result of sexual excitement. When she orgasms, she will react just like you do, except that she won’t ejaculate. A small amount of vaginal fluid may also emerge.

I am 27 years old and married. When having sex, I ejaculate within one minute. How do I overcome this issue? My confidence level is dipping by the day.
You will have to learn to control your excitement. When masturbating, stop stroking much before you feel like ejaculating. Compress the penis’ head with your two fingers and thumb. When the desire subsides, resume stroking. Repeat this 10 to 15 times before you ejaculate. In three to four months, there will be improvement. During intercourse, use lubrication, penetrate, and do not start stroking immediately. Wait till you are in control and then stroke. Stop when you think you are close to ejaculation. Repeat this stop and start method. If your penis’ head is very sensitive, buy a Climax spray and spray it over the glans. Try a course of NEO tablets (charak), one tablet twice a day for six weeks.

I had a baby four months ago and have completely lost interest in intercourse with my husband. Even after hours of foreplay, I am unable to get aroused. I love my husband so we do have sex, but
I am 28, my wife is 22. We've been married for eight months and haven't been able to have proper sex. It's difficult for me to insert my finger or my penis in her vagina. Is this due to less lubrication or are we not trying correct postures? Will KY jelly help? How do we use it?
Ask her to apply Xylocaine 2% get in and around the vagina and wait for 20 mins. After washing, arouse her with a lot of foreplay and then insert your penis. KY jelly is safe and can be applied on your finger or penis. Try a position with her on top or with her legs on your shoulders.

I am 28 while my wife is 23 and we've been married for the last two years. We usually make love thrice a week but her vagina remains dry and tight despite foreplay. We use lubricant each time but natural lubrication happens rarely. What can we do to overcome this?
There is no other reason except the fact that she isn't getting aroused. Discuss the matter with her and ask her what the problem is. Try and work out a solution. Increase foreplay if she likes. There is no harm if you continue to use a lubricant like KY jelly.

I don't enjoy it. My baby was a caesarean. We don't want a second child, but I don’t want to undergo a surgical treatment for it. What else can we do?
Don’t get perturbed. Such behaviour is common after a delivery. The good news is that slowly it will return to normal, maybe in a couple of months. Some doctors believe that hormone imbalance is what causes it. While others believe that testosterone in small doses can help, others prescribe anti-depressants. Let your doctor decide. Ensure you get adequate rest, avoid fatigue, don’t get anxious or depressed and be positive. Don’t get obsessed with the baby and ignore your husband. Try and please your husband even if you do not reach an orgasm.

I am a 25-year-old man and masturbate about thrice a week. I’ve never been in a relationship and am desperate to find a woman. I feel dissatisfied about not being able to. Can I try having sex with a sex worker and use protection?
It’s best you continue satisfying yourself through masturbation. Widen your fantasies. Going to a sex worker is not advised. Widen your circle of female friends and wait for the right person to come along. Meanwhile, be friends with them, not just think about sex.

I am 29, while my wife is 30. What are the safe days for sex? We are planning to have a baby after two or three years but considering my wife’s age, what would be the right time for her to deliver a normal and healthy baby?
Why not use a condom and enjoy sex without restrictions always? Otherwise the first and the last seven days of menstruation are comparatively safe and you can take a risk. I suggest you start trying for a baby when she turns 31. Now, have her examined by a gynaecologist and you too check your sperm count. If the count is normal, you can wait. Try for a baby 10 months before the desired month, but there is no guarantee.

I am planning to have sex with my partner, and while we usually use protection, she now wants to have sex without a condom. Will a Today tablet prevent pregnancy if we don't use a condom? What time before or after sex should she have the tablet?
Think before you both act. Tell her not to be foolhardy. Today is a barrier tablet killing sperms when ejaculated in the vagina but it’s only about 80 to 85 per cent safe. Always use protection like a condom or she can regularly have a low doseage of a hormone pill like Ovral L for 21 days, repeated every month.

I am a 45-year-old woman with three children. Of late when my husband and I have intercourse, my vagina remains dry and itchy. There is no vaginal discharge and it burns a lot. Doctors say it's normal due to hormonal changes and menopause. Please help.
This is common after menopause or near it. For better lubrication your husband needs more foreplay and you could use KY jelly. You can visit your gynecologist who may suggest an oestrogen cream for a few days.

I am 29, my wife is 28. We have been married for three years and have a child. In the first year of marriage, we used to make love quite frequently, but now it’s reduced to once or twice a month due to our hectic schedules. We make love only in the missionary position and I fear I suffer from premature ejaculation. However, I make sure she has an orgasm. Of late I’ve started masturbating thinking about other women and get aroused at the thought of women I meet. What should I do?
The average count of lovemaking is around three to four times a week at your age. Obviously your work is getting the better of you. Try having sex early in the morning. Try different positions that you both should learn and experiment with. Fantasy, if not played out, does not make you a sinner but be careful of your behaviour and get better control on your emotions.