Questions 05

I am 29 years old and my husband is 30. We got married three years ago. Our marriage and sex life are normal. A few months ago, I noticed that he watches porn on his laptop. He does that either when working late night or when I am away for work. When I confronted him, he got extremely defensive and said that it’s absolutely normal for all men to view porn. In fact, he was angry with me for invading his privacy. Now, things are fine, but I still find him viewing porn. Is this behaviour indeed normal? Do I have a reason to worry?
So long as the porn makes him a good lover and he doesn’t get addicted to it, why worry? In fact, you can ask him to share some of the material with you.

My husband and I enjoy an active sex life. We indulge in sex almost seven to eight times a week and experiment very often. Many times, during sex, we urinate inside each other. We find this act very enjoyable. After intercourse, we wash ourselves thoroughly with soap to maintain hygiene. Is it safe to indulge in such an act? Will this affect our fertility in any way?
It’s a rather unusual practice. Passing urine with an erection and that too inside the vagina is not possible. Urine is usually sterile but infection can lurk around the corner which can affect chances of conception.

Men ejaculate during intercourse which indicates their orgasm and satisfaction. How does one know whether a woman has achieved orgasm or not?
You can only observe. Do not ask. For all you know, she might just fake it to please you. She will go through the same emotions. The only difference being that she won’t ejaculate.

While urinating, a crystal clear, transparent, gel-like liquid came out of my penis. It is definitely not semen. What is it? I am scared.
It is your pre-cum which is a natural lubricant that appears when a person is excited.

Which is the less painful way to break a hymen — by penis or by finger? If I wear a condom, will the sperms not pass into the vagina? A friend told me that my partner will not be satisfied if I wear one. What type of condom should I use?
It is best to break the hymen with your finger during foreplay, when she is excited. A condom prevents sperms from entering the vagina and causing pregnancy. Satisfaction comes from good foreplay — a condom can decrease the impulse to ejaculate, so you can go on longer.

I’m a 24-year-old married man. My wife is not satisfied with the size of my penis — when resting, it is 2.5 inches; 3.5 inches when erect. Is there any medicine can take to increase the size? I can spend around two to three thousand rupees on this.
No medicine is required to increase the size. Yours is within normal proportions. Try intercourse with her legs on your shoulder.

I am 30 years old. My wife is never excited by sex. She is a very cool kind of woman. What should I do to enjoy my sex life better?
Surely she is no dummy. Try and find out the reason for her attitude. Are you to blame because you are not indulging in enough foreplay or not giving her an orgasm?

We got married five months back, but it’s a long distance relationship. Out of excitement, we had unprotected sex on June 18, 23, 26 and 29. Each time, I took an emergency contraceptive pill afterwards. My periods were due on June 18th and I bled from June 18 to 25. And then again from July 2 to 7.Once again, we had unprotected sex on July 25 and 26. But this time I took the pill 36 hours later, counting from the 25th. I had my periods from August 2 to 5. Finally, we had unprotected sex on August 11. I have tried explaining to my husband the consequences of the risk we have taken, which he understands, but blames it all on our long-distance relationship. Our queries are as follows: 1) Are the periods I experienced in June, July and August normal, or just the temporary effect of the emergency pills? 2) Can I become pregnant in spite of the bleeding? 3) Do I need to take a pregnancy test? If yes, then should I consider my periods accidental bleeding?4) Within how many months is abortion legal? 5) Within how many weeks can one opt for an oral abortion? In future, we’ll use protection.
An emergency pill tries to prevent conception and it can disturb periods if used frequently. Abortion is legal till week 20 of pregnancy, but after week 12, the procedure becomes difficult. Medical termination is possible up to 49 days from the last period. Thank the almighty that light has dawned upon you both finally.

You have recommended Climax spray for a sensitive penis’ head. I have heard that such sprays damage the penis. Is this true? If not, then is it safe to use such sprays for long time?
It does not cause any such damage. Any medicine is to be used till the problem is under control. So use it off and on.

I am 26 years old and my fiancée is 23. She gets her periods on the first day of every month. We will be getting married next month on the 9th. 1) Can we have unprotected sex on the first night? Which days are considered safe? 2) Is it safe to indulge in oral sex? 3) Do oral contraceptive pills have any side-effects? If yes, which ones have minimal side-effects?
1) There’s a minor risk. The first and last seven days of the period cycle are considered virtually safe. 2) It is okay to have oral sex. 3) A visit to the gynaecologist will clear all your doubts. The doctor will explain everything about low dosage hormonal pills. They are safe and effective and rarely have side effects.